Liana Prosia

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drawing & Printmaking)

Working within the realm of feeling and colour, my works aim to speak the language of the unspoken and the divine. Patterns that dance under your eyelids when rubbed, glints of sunlight on water, the dipping form of music; all given their own voice through drawings and paintings.

All my works sing together and are made within the same abstract world – like trees in the forest, depending on the shedding of each other’s limbs for survival. A Godless choir. Chaotic and symmetrical patterns and symbols are detailed on found and sought-after things, dissolving their material hierarchy and furthering the textural elements of the drawings.

Sitting at the intersection of play and earnestness, my practice survives through the harshness of days and comes alive through reverence for nature. I create drawings that yearn for light and contemplation, for more time to sit amongst all that is loved and lost.

Liana Prosia, Godless Choir, VCA Art Grad Show install 2022. Documentation by SLACK.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.