Laure Seneque

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Photography)

My practice doesn't follow any one theme, but rather explores my varied interests, from cinema to pop culture and food. It gives form to the images that fill my daydreams, like a movie constantly unspooling in my mind. It is an expression of my identity and personality, but also of my possible selves in parallel realities. I use different mediums and styles to create works that differ from each other visually, while sharing a common goal: to make the audience think, react, or even laugh.
As a third culture kid having grown up all around the world, the different cultures I have experienced have informed my understanding of myself. As I've evolved my practice, I've come to realize that I enjoy exploring ways of using humor or satire to comment on society and the little ironies of life.

Laure Seneque, VCA Art Grad Show install 2022. Documentation by SLACK.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.