VCA ART 2022

Evelyn Pohl

Honours

These are small oil paintings of 'empty' green parks and writing fragments presented as voice recordings. They went through a series of redactions; the removing of subjects and vulnerable themes in order to consider what remains. They explore trans-subjectivity and privacy when the personal is made public.

A small oil painting of an imaginary park with nothing but trees, grass and the sky portrayed. The painting is hung on a 45 degree angle and on a white wall with the evening sun shining onto the paintings. The painting consists of soft translucent layers.
Evelyn Pohl, Once again I fall into my feminine ways, detail, 19.5 x 14.8 cm, oil on board, 2022.
Evelyn Pohl, Detransition baby lyric video, 1:57 minutes, 2022.
Install veiw of an upstairs space in the Stables at VCA. On the white walls hang small green paintings of imaginary parks all hung on a 45 degree angle and 1 metre above the ground.
Evelyn Pohl, Once again I fall into my feminine ways, 50 oil paintings on board (19.5 x 14.8 cm) and voice recordings, 2022. Documentation by Christo Crocker.
Install veiw of a down stairs space in the Stables at VCA. On the white walls hang small green paintings of imaginary parks all hung on a 45 degree angle and 1 metre above the ground.
Evelyn Pohl, Once again I fall into my feminine ways, 50 oil paintings on board (19.5 x 14.8 cm) and voice recordings, 2022.
A small oil painting of an imaginary park with nothing but trees, grass and the sky portrayed. The painting is hung on a 45 degree angle and on a white wall. The painting consists of soft translucent layers.
Evelyn Pohl, Once again I fall into my feminine ways, detail, 19.5 x 14.8 cm, oil on board, 2022. Documentation by Christo Crocker.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.

This website may contain sensitive or triggering content