Grace Du

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drawing & Printmaking)

I believe that everyone has a rainbow bridge in their heart that can guide them in the right direction. My work is concerned with the healing power of art. I believe it is important to connect directly with my audiences, so my work is often interactive. I use light and bright colors in my work, which combine with the use of space to create a sacred atmosphere of safety. Moreover, with the use of the rainbow pill - a beautiful but contradictory element, a new way of thinking about a cure for pain can be brought to those struggling with various difficulties: colorful and delicious candy.

Grace Du, VCA Art Grad Show install 2022. Documentation by SLACK.
Cross the Clouds

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.