VCA ART 2022

Lauren Nevard

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drawing & Printmaking)

My practice references the digital spaces we occupy. Focusing on the agency of the digital image, I legitimise this content through physical spaces and projecting textures onto internet objects. My craftwork is reflective of my dynamics to the digital.

I engage with internet humour, irony and textiles to replicate the space where the internet seeps into domestic life, targeting a tension between the uncertainty and engagement of the space. Social platforms are underestimated despite being ingrained into capital, political and economic discussion.

By developing texture to intangible objects and using digital-specific languages, I engage with post-internet theory and textile-coding histories that demonstrate the agency of internet art.

Floor work of Letters made from fabric cushions squished between perspex to make statement "love my computer, all my friends inside it". The placement of the cushions in the acrylic makes this illegible.
L Nevard, “Love my computer, all my friends inside it”, cotton, polyester, acrylic perspex, 84.1 x 59.4 x 25 cm, 2022. Documentation by Christo Crocker
Hanging quilt with appliuqe patchwork of an anime girl with the text "lets take ibuprofen together"
L Nevard, take ibuprofen together, cotton, wool, 200 x 109 cm, 2022. Documentation by Christo Crocker
Floor Objext titled *Love my computer, all friends inside it* on the ground, next to hanging work titled *"Take Ibuprogen Together"*
L Nevard, VCA Art Grad Show install 2022. Documentation by Christo Crocker

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.

This website may contain sensitive or triggering content