VCA ART 2022

Greta Miller

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drawing & Printmaking)

My practice is an act of avenging the destruction of natural ecosystems caused by human infrastructure. I take action against the internal architecture of this building while the wind and sun, my companions, batter its exterior. I am inspired by the perseverance of mud dauber wasps whose pipe-shaped nests of mud are constructed on the walls of buildings, bridge pylons and on the back of road signs. I am a human who intends to reintroduce unruly plants and animals back into our orderly conversations, as they continue to inhabit our city streets and our hallways. My art practice is largely concerned with the mis/treatment of nature in cities, and cities as human habitats. I am a collector, a scavenger, a compulsive maker, weaving nests of palm flowers, discarded building materials and broken tents to make space for our non-human guests.  

Greta Miller, VCA Art Grad Show install 2022. Documentation by SLACK.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.

This website may contain sensitive or triggering content