VCA ART 2022

Jazz Jafari

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drawing & Printmaking)

I aim to create atmospheres that give a sense of my milieu. Engaging with urban subculture, my work is a dissonant re-presentation of the things and places I interact with (a diasporic re-enchantment). The works are translated through a sporadic and intuitive curation of confessions with spiritual curiosity. I create a surreal, dreamscape aesthetic using the digital to form a post-internet visual language. My work communicates through kitsch symbols, layered mediums and diverse textures.

Jazz Jafari, My Diasporic Re-enchantment, multi-medium drawings on paper, dimensions variable, 2020-2022. Documentation by SLACK.
Jazz Jafari, My Diasporic Re-enchantment (detail), multi-medium drawings on paper, dimensions variable, 2020-2022. Documentation by SLACK.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.

This website may contain sensitive or triggering content