Enya Hu

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting)

My work involves concepts surrounding sex and horror through various mediums including painting, drawing, sculpture and photography. I am interested in the human emotions that surround lust and disgust. My artworks investigate a duality between the repulsiveness of the body’s internal liquids and the sexual desire caused by the transference of fluids, inviting audiences to consider their personal relationship to body, life, flesh and death.

I use flesh tones and biotic forms in my artworks, allowing them to appear familiar to our bodies. Various sexual undertones and connotations illicit mixed feelings of arousal and uneasiness when presented in a grotesque way.

Enya Hu, On the day of my 21st birthday, my doctor told me I have a lesion on my cervix that might develop into cancer. I am now on a waitlist. (Cum Wall), Self-adhesive vinyl, silicon, 350 x 750 cm, 2022. Documentation by SLACK.
Enya Hu, Pleasure Booth, wood, mirrors, 30 x 30 x 150 cm, 2022.
Cum Wall details
Enya Hu, Glorious and Untitled, silicon, wood and silicon on digital print, dimensions variable, 2022.
Enya Hu, Untitled, 2022.
Enya Hu, Cumulus Clouds, digital photography, 2022.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.