VCA ART 2022

Leyla Moxham

Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting)

I am a hopeless romantic who strongly believes in bell hooks’ love ethic. My work comes from the gut and finds itself most at home between the erotic and the absurd. I am an intrinsically multidisciplinary artist currently working with metal, my body and words.

My practice is curious and process-oriented. I'm currently obsessed with the smell of fusing metal, cars and short shorts, exploring themes of queerness, intimacy, power and performance. I'm influenced by my childhood growing up on Dyarubbin River, the smell of salt and tar and rock’n’roll baby. I think my work is funny but mum just wishes I would paint flowers.

Leyla Moxham, VCA Art Grad Show install 2022. Documentation by SLACK.

We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campus is situated, the people of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung, who have created art, made music and told their stories here for thousands of generations. We also acknowledge and extend our respect to the Traditional Owners of all lands on which our work is viewed, shared and enjoyed, and to all Elders, past, present and emerging.

This website may contain sensitive or triggering content